Sunday, June 16, 2013

in the studio

drawing! all drawing, all week!

I continued working on the drawings I started last week and started a few more. mediocrity and the difference between are finished, the rest are works in progress. Unfinished works all still have mask on them. This is particularly visible on semantics: the yellow drips are mask. I find that I can work on several drawings at the same time a lot easier than several paintings. Although my studio is now covered in drawings and I'm running out of room. :/



medicrity, watercolor pencil and ink on paper, 30" x 23"
let me tell you a fairy tale of mediocrity: this is as good as it's going to get.
the difference between, watercolor pencil, ink, conté on paper, 30" x 23"
how do you tell the difference between what you want and what you need?
maybe this, watercolor pencil and ink on paper, 30" x 22"
maybe this was all in my head
other people's kindnesses, watercolor pencil ink and conté on paper, 30" x 23"
other people's kindnesses always catch me off guard. I never expect them.
semantics, watercolor pencil, ink and conté on paper, 30" x 22"
semantics does not excuse your words.
silver lining, watercolor pencil, ink, conté on paper, 30" x 23"
finding the silver lining always makes me sound like a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment