Sunday, June 9, 2013

in the studio

this week began with an #art365 landscape 


dappled, acrylic on paper, 5" x 7"

and then I started a whole new series of drawings. I started thinking about this while I was painting seneca. I just couldn't tackle it then because I had to finish work for the show. I imagined figurative abstracts, messy, with a lot of different media: ink, charcoal, conté, watercolor, pastel... I've started 3 pieces this week. All starting with watercolor pencil, then ink washes and some masked out text. silver lining also has additional conté and ink washes on it. And I feel like it is heading in the right direction.


let me tell you a fairy tale of mediocrity: this is as good as it's going to get. 



mediocrity, 30" x 23" work in progress



finding the silver lining always makes me sound like a bitch.







other people's kindnesses always catch me off guard. I never expect them.



other people's kindnesses, 30" x 23" work in progress

I'm still looking for a few more likes on my facebook page for the good karma giveaway. So if you're on facebook, I'd appreciate it if you clicked over and liked me!

On my to do list for next week is etsy. My work is for sale through my website, but I think the #art365 landscapes could use a wider audience. Have you shopped on etsy? Do you have a shop on etsy? If you have any feedback and/or suggestions about it, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment