Sunday, August 11, 2013

in the studio

Tuesday, I took a road trip with some friends and my younger son, Gabe. Gabe is known to my facebook friends for his (often unintended) hilarity. In our adventure, he played the role of the mostly well meaning, but slightly annoying neighbor kid, cast for comedic breaks. We were exploring historic sites along the Ideal Stretch of the Lincoln Highway, and slightly beyond. Dyer to La Porte with several stops in between. Like most older highways, a newer, shinier, wider road has mostly taken over the same route and what's left is a back road. The back roads are always more interesting. This inspired several #art365 pieces. 


cornfields, acrylic on canvas, 16" x 20"

corn tassels, acrylic on canvas, 16" x 20"

beans and corn, acrylic on canvas, 16" x 20"

the edge of the field (queen anne's lace), acrylic on canvas, 16" x 20"

And while I thought there might or might not be more in this series, today I woke up to find a friend tagged me in a pic on facebook with the view of a pond she said looked like one of my paintings. Which it did. I pretty much had to paint it.

steam rising (fishing pond), acrylic on canvas, 16" x 20"

This piece also gave me some other ideas mid-painting which I hope to explore next week. Finally, I worked on the bicycle paintings. They are getting closer. I've been bouncing back and forth between them, working on them both just about every day this week. Still in progress. It has not been lost on me that I have now spent more time on these than I did on consideration.



I hope to get these done in the next week. Then, one or two of you may get some new artwork for you walls at a great price, because I plan to sell them as silent auctions for one week, as an offering to the good karma gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment